1. LEGAL USES. Host's system and services may not be used in any way which violates Federal, State, Local, or International law. This prohibits, but is not limited to, any actions which are threatening, obscene, defamatory, or which violate trade secret, copyright or patent protection, or rights of privacy or publicity, or which result in the spread of computer viruses or other damaging programs or data files, or which violate any export restrictions (including making non-exportable information or software available to foreign nationals as may be prohibited by law). In the event User is suspected of any such violation, Host reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate User's account.
2. NETWORK TRANSMISSIONS. User is responsible for any materials passed via Host's system to other networks, and agrees to comply with any restrictions posed by the other network's terms of service or acceptable use policies.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY. Host will protect to the best of its ability the confidentiality of any files and electronic mail stored on or exchanged over the system, except as may be necessary to provide the requested Internet services, or as may be necessary to preserve the security and proper operation of Host's system, or to protect Host's rights or property.
Host, except as otherwise provided for in this Agreement or as required by law, will use its best efforts to avoid disclosing the contents of private electronic mail to anyone other than addressees, authorized recipients, or those to whom such disclosure is necessary to assure forwarding or delivery.
User acknowledges that no system on the Internet can be guaranteed safe from unauthorized intrusion, and therefore any confidential information stored on or transmitted through Host's system is stored or transmitted at User's own risk.
4. SECURITY CONCERNS. User is responsible for choosing a secure password and for keeping it secret.
User may not attempt to bypass any security mechanisms in place on Host's system, or use any of Host's systems or services to attempt to bypass any security mechanisms in place on any remote system. This includes, but is not limited to, running any password cracking software, or attempting to access a system which any user knows or reasonably should know he or she is not authorized to access in the manner or to the extent attempted.
5. COPYRIGHT ISSUES. User agrees not to upload to, download from, make available for public access on, or transmit through Host's system any copyrighted material in violation of the copyright owner's rights in that material. By uploading, downloading, making available for public access, or transmitting any copyright-protected material, User warrants that User has the proper authorization to make or authorize the making of any copies involved with such uploading, downloading, making available for public access, or transmission. Unauthorized copying, or authorizing the copying of protected works in excess of any legal right through Host's system is a violation of federal law and international treaties, and may result in not only termination of User's account, but also may result in civil and/or criminal fines and prison sentences.
User agrees not to remove any copyright ownership information, or falsify such information, on any files uploaded, downloaded, made publicly available through, or transmitted via Host's system.
User explicitly licenses Host to make any copies of copyright protected materials necessary to provide Internet and related services to User, as well as make any necessary copies necessary to preserve and maintain Host's system and User's files and electronic mail.
User explicitly licenses Host to make any copies, without limitation, of any copyrighted materials submitted to a public forum maintained on Host's system, or submitted to any forum to which Host provides access. This clause cannot be modified by either party unless any modification is in writing and signed by both parties.
6. UNATTENDED FORMS. User is not permitted to run any programs or software which continually send data over or access Host's system, or run any programs or software on Host's system unattended, unless such use has been approved in advance by Host's staff.